Most popular AFL teams across social media sites (February 14, 2011)
This is mostly for my own interest. Data for these sites is because I have a script to automatically fetch this information. Foursquare is when I have identified games. Alexa and Twitter are gotten daily. Facebook is every third day. Trying to determine a schedule for ebay.
Any thoughts? Are the results for the most popular and least popular teams who you would have predicted?
|Team||Alexa (1)||Ebay (5)||Facebook (4)||Foursquare (2)||Twitter (3)||Total points|
|St. Kilda Saints||31,578||759||61,970||6649||100,956|
|West Coast Eagles||20,125||920||63,734||3317||88,096|
|Gold Coast Football Club||28,855||103||33,724||3771||66,453|
|North Melbourne Kangaroos||27,201||234||21,075||5304||53,814|
|Port Adelaide Power||20,678||295||24,771||28||3090||48,862|
1. Alexa site Australian rank data was from February 14, 2011. The Australian rank was subtracted from 35,000 in order to award high ranking teams with more points.
2. Totals are based on total checkins to the NAB Cup games played on February 11, 2011.
3. Twitter totals are from February 14, 2011 and count total followers to the official team Twitter account.
4. Facebook totals are from the official fanpage. Data was gathered on February 13, 2011.
5. Ebay data is based on http://ozziesport.com/2011/02/australian-sport-on-ebay/ that post. When team info was not available, it was searched for on February 14, 2011.